Carlos Queiroz has resigned as head coach of Ghana's Black Stars, bringing an end to his brief spell in charge just hours after the team's elimination from the 2026 FIFA World Cup.
The 73-year-old Portuguese coach announced his decision in a statement on social media following Ghana's 1-0 defeat to Colombia in the Round of 32 on Saturday.
The result ended the Black Stars' campaign, despite their progression from the group stage as one of the tournament's best third-placed teams.
In his farewell message, Queiroz thanked the Ghana Football Association, his coaching staff, the players and supporters for the opportunity to lead the four-time African champions.
"It has been an honour and privilege to serve Ghana and represent the Black Stars," he said, adding that he remained proud of what the team had achieved during its short time together.
Queiroz also suggested that Ghana's football future would depend on more than what happens on the pitch, saying sustained success would require stronger support structures and continued development across the game.
The resignation came as a surprise after the experienced coach had declined to make an immediate decision about his future following the defeat to Colombia. Speaking after the match, he said he wanted time to recover from the disappointment before considering his next step.
The Ghana Football Association had not officially commented on his resignation at the time of publication.
Queiroz was appointed by the GFA in April on a short-term contract after Otto Addo left the role, with the mandate of leading Ghana at the World Cup.
The veteran coach arrived with one of the most distinguished international coaching records in world football, having previously managed Portugal, Iran, Colombia, Egypt, Qatar and other national teams. He also became one of the few coaches to lead teams at five consecutive FIFA World Cups.
Although his tenure lasted less than three months, Queiroz guided Ghana out of a difficult Group L.
The Black Stars opened their campaign with a victory over Panama, drew with England and lost to Croatia before advancing to the knockout stage.
Their run ended against Colombia, who secured a 1-0 victory through an early goal from Jhon Arias. Ghana failed to register a shot on target during the match.
Following the defeat, Queiroz said Ghana's exit reflected a lack of maturity and experience at key moments of the game. He argued that the team struggled to remain composed under pressure after conceding an early goal, despite improving after the break.
His departure leaves the Ghana Football Association with another major decision as attention shifts from the World Cup to the team's preparations for future international competitions, including the next Africa Cup of Nations and World Cup qualifying assignments.
Sign up for the 3Music Newsletter for breaking news, events, and unique stories.
The talented attacker, a Ghana U19 international, has become the first Ghanaian player in the club’s history and the first to join the La Liga side directly from a Ghana-based club.
Gyamfi said he was ready to respond to claims linking GoldBod to losses recorded under the Bank of Ghana’s Domestic Gold Purchase Programme (DGPP).
Operators must use available side roads instead of the main carriageways of major highways. Where no side roads exist, vehicles must remain clearly visible through the use of reflectors.
Drivers say the GH¢1 increase is necessary to offset rising fuel prices and higher operational costs. They note that although the government had proposed a 30 percent fare adjustment, it has not been implemented.
Kidjo received the honour in the Recording category as part of the Hollywood Walk of Fame’s Class of 2026.
For consumers, the attraction remains largely practical. Digital payments allow people to make purchases without carrying cash and can make transactions faster and easier.
Dr Aminarh recounted a case in which a patient continued to experience an infection despite treatment. He said health professionals eventually considered whether a sex toy could be contributing to the recurring problem.
A-Plus said the approximately 20,000-capacity venue could not safely accommodate Shatta Wale’s large fan base, known as the SM Movement or 4Lyfe.
Dr Aminarh said people may choose to remain virgins because of their religious or personal convictions, but that decision should not be used to humiliate or judge people who have different experiences.
It can also stretch or tear for reasons unrelated to sexual intercourse, including physical activities and some medical procedures. Dr Aminarh said this makes it medically inaccurate to expect a woman to bleed during her first sexual intercourse as proof that she was a virgin.
Ablakwa disclosed the updated figures during bilateral talks with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov in Moscow as part of a working visit.
Jester remains incarcerated and is not free, contradicting the “I’m still out” claim in the circulating video. Online users have noted that the clip appears to be a montage pairing unrelated footage with images from the Pop Smoke case.
Comments